These exercises should help you if you have trouble picking things up or holding on to them. It also will help you open things more easily, like a pickle jar. You can even do a couple of these exercises while you are reading or watching TV.
Example of exercises to improve grip strength:
1. Squeeze a Ball
- Squeeze a tennis ball or racquet ball, hold for 15 seconds.
- Repeat 8 to 10 times, twice daily.
2. Racket Sports
- Involve yourself in racket sports 3 times per week, such as tennis or racquet ball.
3. Chin-up Bar
- Hang from a chin-up bar until fatigued.
- Repeat 8 to 10 times daily.
Always be careful… what is easy for one person might be strenuous for you. Consult your doctor before starting any exercise program.